Thanksgiving 2008

"Once, when my feet were bare, and I had not the means of obtaining shoes I came to the chief of Kufah in a state of much dejection, and saw there a man who had no feet. I returned thanks to God and acknowledged his mercies, and endured my want of shoes with patience." ~ Sadi

I have many blessings in my life, all of which I am extremely thankful for.

I am not in a real bad mood yet, something I am sure other’s will be thankful for:)

6 Responses to Thanksgiving 2008

1. buffgal says:

We poor “Cooks” on the holidays usually have a reason for getting crabby later in the day!It is hard work to put on a big feast! (for many days before even) I get crabby (even when I feel guilty about it)

I have two birds in the oven—one roasting chicken for the few who like dark meat and a pretty nice fat turkey breast. Also got the dressing ready and the potatoes peeled. Now I am having a cup of coffee and reading today’s paper!
    Beautiful pictures of grandkids!!!!
    Buffgal

2. buffalo gal says:

I left two dressing recipes on your dressing blog—be sure you read the last one!!!!

3. pyro says:

in preschool the teacher asked one of my boys what he was thankfull for he looked at her and said “chance”

4. Avatar of astrobob astrobob says:

Just finished our dinner, Far. My wife cooked and I did the cleanup. It was all delicious and after the cleanup, I’ve burned up enough calories to almost be hungry again.
    I wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog. You’re opinionated, warm-hearted, genuine and very close to your family, and it all comes through in a conversational style that makes you fun to read. Thanks for putting so much effort into your work. We readers are grateful for it.

5. Peace Garden Mama says:

I love the quote. Puts everything in perspective quite vividly. Thanks for sharing…

6. Avatar of dahlenje dahlenje says:

I told you it wouldn’t be long before you matted all of the photos on that page!