Thanksgiving Report

We got snow on Wednesday morning..just in time for a white Thanksgiving..I do believe that this snow will be the one that stays..it is our third snow. We hurried off to my Dental appointment.. Root canals..what fun. I came home and baked all my pies while I was numb.

I went to the All School Reunion meeting on Wednesday evening to give my two cents on the fundraising dinner..I shared my observations and recommendations concerning safe food handling with them..they took my opinionated opinions quite well. They asked for feedback on the dinner..so I gave them some. No one had noticed the things I did ..my thought was they all must be blind as bats..or really shouldn’t have graduated from high school at all.

We went to Trica and Dick’s for Dinner. The turkey was cooked and we all ate way too much. I had a nap before dinner, I am still a little tired..that root canal I had on Wednesday was not exactly a piece of cake. I still cannot chew anything on that side of my mouth..but the other side works just fine. I even passed up the wine..usually I really enjoy some wine with our Thank Meal. We have much to be thankful for a warm home, reasonably good health, beautiful children and grandchildren..and a good dog. It is a whole lot of fuss and cooking for twenty minutes of eating.. Jen tried to fit black olives on all of her fingers like she did when she was little..she has bigger fingers now. My favorite..the mashed potatoes and gravy and the dark turkey meat. With a slice of Pumpkin Pie for desert..some things never change:)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Thanksgiving Report

Glad you are recovering from the root canal work. I think it is amazing you can come home from having so much dental work done and make and bake four pies. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds nice. We did fried chicken instead of turkey, don’t know why, we just did. Still had real mashed potatoes and gravy, and green bean casserole. Today we had some of the leftovers for the main meal of the day and we have more for the weekend. I like your list reminding of the many things you have to be thankful for. Chance should be first on the list!!!

YOu are amazing to do what you did post-root canal. J. is aching from dental work also; will probably have to have the tooth pulled as it was a dicey deal to get at something under a crown. Icky!!! We had our first leftovers tonight…they were just as yummy as on Thursday. I have a recipe for a cranberry salad that has ground cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows and whipped cream…have you heard of it? It is a great TG/Christmas dish. I will send the recipe if you want it. Glad your girls cooked for you. Our daughter in law told me she does not know what she will do if I get to the point of not cooking the holiday meals; I told her to prop me up in the wheelchair and I will yell out the instructions to her and she can hold me up in front of the stove so I can make the gravy!!!! We had a good laugh.
    We got some great pictures of the 3 Fargo grands on Thursday….I can start on my 8-frame picture of grandkids now.
    Give Chancey a huge hug from B.G. and tell him she adores him!!!!

P.S. I LOVE your TG banner: “Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow”
    What a grand truth it is!!!!

4. Ann says:

Glad to hear the root canal is done. Might we see some wonderful family picture? Dave and I spent the day together. I roasted a chicken breast. From one of my sister homegrown. We finish off the left over today. I’m thankfully that you share your blog.

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday, despite the tooth. Gosh, root canals just stink, and having issues over the holidays is a double whammy–I had the same thing last Christmas–it helped keep a lid on the food consumption, though. :-)

6. Avatar of Ms. C Ms. C says:

Far Side~ a root canal before Thanksgiving?? What dentist with a conscience does such a thing??!! ;-)

CC

7. geri says:

nice pictures rignt what dentist would work on anyones mouth day before a great holiday.