Elvis??

Who can resist the puppy breath or the extreme cuteness of a little puppy? Well it seems my Son In Law cannot. He got a new puppy..doesn’t he realize that it is really hard to potty train a puppy in the winter? The poor little thing can’t get in or out of the doggie door by himself…maybe Handy Andy will build him a ramp..then there are the stairs..maybe he will make it puppy accessible. If I were him I would also go around the yard and make double sure that there are no tiny holes under the fence that he can squeeze out of.. I wonder what he will chew up? I wonder when I will get to babysit? I wonder if this puppy will love me more than Far Guy. Miney adores Far Guy..she likes me too..and cuddles..but when she runs into our house ..she heads for him ..just like a moth to a flame. My daughter Jen also known as The East Side Professor has posted photos over on her blog..he is a real cutie! Go on over and meet Elvis..he joins Miney who is also a Shetland Sheepdog or a Sheltie and Chaucer ..an orange and white kitty who belongs to Noah. I believe that this is Handy Andy’s first puppy.. he and Jen share Miney..but I have a feeling that Elvis is all his.

This was Miney when she was just little. It was the first time she visited us ( August 2005) ..she was a real cutie too!

I guess I will have to break this new puppy news to Chance gently. He is very sensitive:)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Elvis??

1. billybones says:

Have you read any of the books by Jon Katz about his dogs and farm?

Hi billy bones, No I haven’t..but I just did a search for him he has a blog called Bedlam Farm..it looks like my kind of place..I see he has a least two Border Collies:)

3. billy says:

a couple border collies, a lab, sheep, a big old steer, 3 donkeys, a couple cows, a couple goats and a barn cat and some chickens….aptly named.
    the books re good. he is basically a city guy who moved to the country..he captures the relationship with animals and with the rural folks well.

Chance knows no other dog could take his place. He is lucky to be so loved.

5. buffalo gal says:

What a “noble countenance” (
    Chance)
    Elvis is too cute; Miney will have to learn to love him and I am sure she will. Chance will probably think he is being attacked by a big rat when he sees him!!!! Our grand-dogger Otto thought that when he first got acquainted with Puppy Job about 8 years ago!!!

6. Sarah says:

Chance… just remember…Sauk Centre would be a great place to live. No other puppies would share your attention and love.

Think about it and let me know.