Clear and Bright

I can see without glasses..it is a miracle!! I have worn glasses since I was about 9 years old. I got a bra, my first period and glasses all about the same time. Maybe that was too much information..

Yesterday when young Doctor W pulled off all the tape and bandages and said..OK open your eye and blink a few times..I was nearly blinded by the light. I could see Far Guys face across the room..and I mean his ever so handsome face too.. I did not have to go just by the shape of his head and the color of the clothing he was wearing. Things were crisp and clear..20/30 according to the Doctor..and healing well and my pressures are just fine. I have to go back in a week..Far Guy puts drops in my eyes four times a day.. a steroid and an antibiotic.

All the way home. I was like a kid in a candy shop..looking at all the colors..even from behind my huge sunglasses they look awesome. I can play the before and after game by closing different eyes..They removed the right lens from my glasses. But my eyes fight each other..they both want to be in charge.. The left says " Hey, you are supposed to be old and tired and filled up with a cataract..I am way better than you are, my cataracts are just troublesome not completely clouding over her eye, like you were" My new right eyes says "Hey, I am brand spanking new and I want to be in charge, ha!! my cataracts are all gone..who is superior now?" I had to take charge and lay down and close both of them for awhile..this is going to take some adjustment. Seeing without glasses is very hard work.

I can actually see myself in a mirror ..scary..without having  my nose touch the mirror..very scary.

Now I have a deep seated problem..I feel like I am missing something when I don’t wear my glasses..I can see pretty good..even with one bad eye. No, that is not the problem..I have deep indents in my nose from years of wearing glasses..and ridges that run from the corners of my eyes to my ears..all you people that wear glasses on a regular basis know all about these ridges. Please say you have them too..or maybe I am the only person in the entire free world with them?? Will they go away..or has fifty years of wearing glasses deformed my skull? I guess we will just have to wait and see. Then there is that scar, the one that hardly ever showed before..I had a mole removed right between my eyes years ago..it never showed before…oh goodness sakes you don’t suppose I am going to have to wear make up. I have one more tiny problem..I need to have my eyebrows "done"..I have always done them myself..after all they were hidden by my glasses so they had no need to be beautifully shaped..but perhaps now they should have a little work done to them..I will have to find an expert plucker. I suppose there is some special goop for your eyebrows too..rats.. I will have to go shopping :)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Clear and Bright

1. buffgal says:

go to a Salon and treat yourself to an eyebrow job! I never pluck mine anymore…maybe my catartacts are more developed than the Doc thought because I cannot see my eyebrows that well!!! I used to pluck them faithfully and shape them but when I had 3 kids I quit—too much work and too much time. Glad you are seeing so clearly and everything is so clear and bright and colorful!!! Take care of yourself and let FarGuy and Chance “baby” you for awhile!!!

2. Newreader says:

I had my cataracts done 3 years ago and what a great thing to have done. I also kept on using glasses as the bifocals help when doing close work and I was so used to wearing them for 50+ years, no one would of recognized me.

Enjoy the bright colors but we warned, your eyes will be more sensitive to sunlight for quite awhile. Dark shades are wonderful.

3. susan says:

Yippee, I am so happy for you, I am still amazed at my eyesight with out glasses and even after 5 years I still feel that sensation that I should push up my glasses. Yes you will notice a few more lines on your face but what the heck and when you go shopping the items at grocery store look a little weird at leasat for me they did like I was tall and they were short especially cereal boxes. Oh also remember to wait a while in between drops don’t put one in after the other,otherwise your just washing one out…I am just thrilled for you, can’t wait to see what happens when you start using your camera again.

4. ineeda says:

After my friend Dorothy (a fiesty Irish-woman who lived to be over 100 years old) had cataract surgery she was just appalled at the colors of her clothing. For years she though she was wearing a tan coat. After surgery, when she could see colors well, she found out it was mauve.

Congratulations on the good outcome of your surgery!!

P.S. — I have an indent alongside my head from the bows on my glasses, too. It’s kind of annyoying. Maybe I just have a fat head and too tight of glasses. I don’t know. Also have never worried about “plucking” due to light colored brows being behind eyeglasses. Tell us about the professional plucking experience if you do it!!

5. ineeda says:

Now you can buy fun sunglasses in the store without having to find the kind that go over, or clip onto, prescription eyeglasses!

The beginning of this post tells it all. This is wonderful. I am so happy for you.

7. PrairieWoman says:

You have two choices – go to the salon and get them waxed (salons don’t pluck anymore). Or move to California where shaving your eyebrows off seems to be in vogue now. And I guess your third choice is to do it yourself and see what happens. LOL! I don’t know what to do about the ridges dear. I don’t wear glasses at all; although I probably should.