Sloppy Fisherman

In Minnesota in the winter, if you find open water it means that you just might see some wildlife. We stopped at a creek just north of us.

Someone had been fishing without a license. Not only that he was a sloppy fisherman. He killed some fish and left them in the icy depths of the creek.

Chance had to investigate..yup dead fish..perfect to roll in..nope we stopped him just in time.

The Bald Eagles sure do leave a mess. I have never understood these creatures..I suppose they were interrupted and will come back later to clean up their mess..they weren’t anywhere in sight. They are pretty much a useless bird in my opinion, and their numbers are increasing. There used to be only one pair in this area, now there are a number of pairs. Soon they will give up on fishing and concentrate on road killed deer as soon as the snow starts to melt in the ditches and the dead deer are uncovered. They pick the carcass clean until there is nothing but bones left. Yup..perfect national symbol:(

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Sloppy Fisherman

1. pyro says:

opportunistic feeders just like our govt.

There are always going to be people who disrespect nature and any laws or rules too. Too bad about the fish. Glad Chance didn’t get too close.

3. PrairieWoman says:

I would agree with pyro but add CEOs of major corporations too.

4. Bill Steele says:

This comment about the white-flowered showy lady’s-slipper actually pertains to a couple postings made last July, but I wanted to place it with a more recent posting here to make sure that Far Side sees it.

Yes, Cypripedium reginae f. albolabium is exceedingly rare. Since moving to Minnesota 12 years ago, I have seen thousands of flowers of this species, but as yet no true white ones. I am involved in the laboratory micropropagation of Cypripedium species. You can read about what I do at http://www.spanglecreeklabs.com.

If Far Side would like to know more about C. reginae f. albolabium and perhaps propagate the plant from seed, please contact me at bill.steele@isp.com or 218-247-0245.

Sincerely,
    Bill (far side of 60)

5. ESP says:

If Ben Franklin got his way we would be eating Eagle for Thanksgiving and the Turkey would be our national bird. I think Eagles are opportunistic and it is part of nature to clean up. I don’t have as much admiration for the Turkey… fat, round — I suppose like most Americans! Gobble ‘Til you Wobble!

6. Lisa Johnson says:

“Soon they will give up on fishing and concentrate on road killed deer as soon as the snow starts to melt in the ditches and the dead deer are uncovered. They pick the carcass clean until there is nothing but bones left. Yup..perfect national symbol.”

LOL To funny & true. Better get my taxes done!!