Whats Blooming?

The Pussy Willows…the joy of finding these was kinda over shadowed by the dead as a doornail drowned beaver.

These little green berries are on the forest floor among the Oaks. I have no idea what they are. I have searched all my references..I will have to tag one with a piece of fabric and wait and see what happens next and what kind of leaves it gets…I hope it isn’t the Poison Ivy. I may have known what they were once upon a time, I just cannot recall at the moment, then again maybe I never knew. It is okay to say that you cannot remember or that you don’t know..there are no stupid questions.

We have been in the woods, getting some of the dead trees hauled out and branches cut up for firewood. The brush has not yet begun to bud. There is no Poison Ivy in sight yet..so the in the woods adventures can continue. This is one of the first years in a long time that we could be in the woods without two feet of snow this time of year. I heard a rumor that we could get to seventy degrees this week…practically bikini weather. Not that I even have a bikini to wear..or that I would consider wearing one.. but just in case I wanted too, it will be warm enough:)

Update: The little green berries are probably Poison Ivy Berries..good thing I did not get real close:(

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Whats Blooming?

1. ESP says:

70 is too cold for swimwear, unless you wear it in the sauna. Wait for 75 at least.

Get out your Capri pants! That is good enough for 70 degrees….and a tank top????? Oooo….too chilly!!!!

It was warm enough here today that we were in tee shirts and washed the car. Had so much fun hooking the hose back up and playing in the water. It was 55 degrees F. A heat wave!

Those green berries look similar to wild ground cherries or wild gooseberries. I wonder if they are related? Bring on the 70s–I’m ready; thankfully I don’t don bikinis, because I certainly would consider that this week, but shorts and tank tops here I come!

5. Abra La Mente says:

I did not know poison ivy had berries, so once again I have learned something new!

6. Jan says:

Got the new Birds and Bloom Mag today. They have a pix of a similar stalk only more straight and tight. That pix is seed spikes of an arum. The seed spikes replace the flower which is similar to a Jack-in-the-pulpit. Possibly?? Keep an eye on it this spring. Certainly are same color and shape of the pods.

7. Rod says:

Not sure if your recieved my first comment since I did not type in security code so here it is again. Yes, the picture with berries is poison ivy. A couple years back I helped my brother in MN with planting some tree seedlings in his woods around his home. I thought my clothes would protect me from the poison ivy patches but the cut poison ivy roots touched my bare skin between my gloves and shirt sleeves and I developed a rash for a couple weeks that requird attention.