Ornaments and Carols

What is your favorite Christmas Carol?  Far Guy’s favorite is Silent Night.  My favorite has always been Little Drummer Boy the pa rum pum pum pum song. ( Great little ear worm isn’t it?) Far Guy knows all the words to his song..I do not know all the words to the pa rum pum pum pum song..but it doesn’t matter I like it anyway.

It is time for you to share what your favorite Christmas Carol is.  If you leave a comment for me sharing what your favorite Carol is I will enter you in a drawing for one of my famous extremely collectable hand carved ornaments.

They are done.  Most have been mailed off and the rest will go in the mail today.  I still have a few to hand deliver..but they are packaged and ready to go.

What are they this year?  TREES

Christmas Ornament 2012 single

Far Guy and I always work together to make the ornaments.  This year we made 63 of them.

Christmas Ornament 2012

Far Guy cut out the blocks of basswood. He then marked them and cut guides into the wood with the band saw.  We both carved them out.  Far Guy added all the branch marks and put in the eye hooks.  I painted them and added the snow.  We made it a real team effort… we are both glad it is done!

I was seeing pans of trees in my sleep:)Pan of ornaments

** One ornament will be given away to the area voices blog and one to blogspot.  I will draw winners Sunday evening the 11th of December.

This entry was posted in Christmas, projects, woodcarving. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Ornaments and Carols

1. Kimberly says:

Deck the Halls!

2. jackie says:

I love ‘Joy to the World’!

3. Lori Brosius says:

O Holy Night is my favorite

4. Jess says:

Away in the manger :-)

5. carol says:

In the Bleak Midwinter

6. “Once in Royal David’s City”

that is not very familiar but it is so beautiful..the words and the music. They open the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols in England on Dec 24 with this carol sung by a boy soprano in a clear high voice in the old chapel where it is held on Dec 24 eve. We get it live at about 9 in the morning on Dec 24 on NPR…I always listen to it.

7. Jane says:

Away in the Manger

8. Phyllis Pritchard says:

So many are my favorite, but I will have to say, “Oh Holy Night” .
    The trees are beautiful!!

9. Sarah says:

“We Three Kings” has been my favorite since viewing a Clay-mation TV special in the 80′s.

The trees you’ve made are delightful! I will share the idea with my Dad who enjoys woodworking as well.

10. Sharron says:

Wow, are you and Far Guy ever talented! I can’t imagine making that many trees, as time consuming as it must be. I’m with Far Guy…..Silent Night is my favorite Christmas song.

11. Barbara says:

Beautiful trees! My favorite Christmas song is The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire) sung by Andy Williams.

12. Dale says:

Far Guy has good taste. I vote for Silent Night. Nice job on trees. Carving is fun . Now finish your Bark House……………………………………………………….When you can make time.
    Have a great Holiday Season

13. Silent Night is also my favorite Christmas song. this is great time to start listen Christmas songs, righ!

14. Ann says:

I too would have to say O Holy Night, sung by a great soprano.

15. Barb from Duluth says:

Deck the Halls ! Those trees are adorable!

16. Elaine says:

Angels We Have Heard on High
    I love to play this on the piano and have my 3 daughters singing this in harmony. It is one of my favorite parts of Christmas!

17. Last night (Tuesday) we made a special trip to West Acres to hear the annual TUBA CHRISTMAS concert….20 or more big tubas and baritone horns and euphoniums playing traditional carols…oh how I love the old carols!!!!
    TUBA CHRISTMAS is done annually by music and band teachers and students and it is the best and richest sound you can hear. They play in the high domed space in front of JC PENNEY store by a fountain…..such a sound bass horns make…. nothing bettter..no “squeally” clarinets or high pitched blaring cornets to distract from the deep rich sound.
    It is an annual MUST for me and now we have a a couple of good friends in that group of Tuba players.

18. There’e No Place Like Home for the Holidays

19. Mariel says:

Silver Bells is my favorite.

20. Linda Wadman says:

O Come O Come Emanuel is my favorite…a real oldie.

21. Kay says:

Silent Night is also my favorite Christmas Carol. Your trees are very creative and neat! I enjoy your blog. It’s always interesting and well-written. Keeps this wintertime Kansas resident thinking of Minnesota!

22. Denise Childs says:

One of my favorite Christmas songs is “O Holy Night” . . . especially when I hear it on the radio sung by Josh Groban.

23. Linda brown says:

My favorite is definately Little Drummer Boy, also!